Are piano movers worth it in Brooklyn, NY? Piano movers or a piano moving company are expensive, and most people don’t realize how much work goes into moving pianos.
In this article, I’ll share the truth behind the myth that piano movers are worth it. I’ll also reveal how to save yourself thousands of dollars while making sure your piano gets moved safely.
I’ll tell you why you should hire a professional moving company instead of a local guy who does it himself. And I’ll explain why you shouldn’t even bother trying to move your piano yourself.
Why Use a Professional Piano Mover?
Professional piano movers are great for many reasons. First off, they’re trained professionals who understand how to move pianos efficiently. They also have access to special equipment that can help you protect your pianos from damage while moving. And finally, they’re experts at getting your piano where it needs to go. So whether you’re planning a big move or just need a little extra help, hiring a professional piano mover is always the best option.
The chance of damage to your pianos will be minimal. Professional piano movers are experts at safely transporting pianos (even the smallest pianos). They use special equipment and techniques to ensure that your piano arrives undamaged. You don’t have to worry about damaging your piano during the process. A professional piano mover will take care of all the heavy lifting and loading, and they’ll unload your piano once it reaches its destination. This allows you to focus on other things, like getting ready for your big event!
I own grand pianos. Do I Really Need a Professional Piano Mover?
If you don’t already have one, you should consider hiring professional piano movers to move your piano. This necessity is also true whether you are moving other types of piano aside from a grand piano. Indeed, you could probably handle the job yourself, but you’d be missing out on many great benefits by not having a professional take care of it.
A professional piano mover knows exactly what he or she is doing, and they’ve got experience dealing with pianos of all shapes and sizes. They also know where to look for pianos that aren’t damaged, they can identify cosmetic damages, and they’ll be able to tell you right away if something needs to be fixed before you get home. They’ll also be able to give you tips on keeping your piano safely during transport, and they’ll be sure to pack everything carefully to avoid any damage.
Aside from protecting your pianos from damage, their services can also prevent your old and new place from any property damage or any other type of damage that you may incur if you don’t employ a piano mover.
Before Hiring a Piano Mover:
When hiring a piano mover, there are several things to consider. Here are some tips to help you find the right person for the job.
If you’re hiring a professional mover, ask him or her about his or her experience in moving heavy instruments such as moving pianos. Ask if he or she has ever moved a grand piano, upright piano, baby grand piano, or any other type of instrument. (This is a good gauge in determining whether your piano mover is capable of a complex instrument or any other delicate instruments such as your piano)
Ask if he or she has done any work at your home, including painting, carpentry, or electrical wiring. This information will help you determine if you need to hire additional contractors to complete the job.
Also, ask if he or she has any specialized equipment needed to move your beloved instrument. Some movers use dollies or cranes to lift heavy items. Others use ramps or lifts to access hard-to-reach areas. Other musical instrument or valuable instrument may have been positioned in a difficult corner of your house. Thus the correct equipment for the job is essential.
Finally, ask if he or she uses a piano dolly or hand truck to transport your piano. These tools easily maneuver your piano through doorways and narrow hallways.
When you hire a professional mover, you should pay between $1,000 and $2,500 per hour. In addition to the hourly rate, you should also factor in travel costs, delivery fees, and storage fees. (Some companies offer affordable rates through flat rate, so check this). Consecutive steps may also affect the overall price of your move.
You might want to hire two movers to ensure everything goes smoothly. Also, remember that most movers’ base rates are affected due to extra charges for weekends and holidays.
If you’re decided, hire professional piano movers now.
Other things to consider when hiring a piano mover
1. Ask friends and family for recommendations. They may be able to recommend a reputable company based on experience.
2. Check online reviews. Look at websites like Yelp, Angie’s List, and Google Reviews. These sites allow consumers to post honest feedback about local businesses. Customer experience can also be gleaned from this. Further, through this, you’ll get an idea if the company does address issues received originating from calls from customers.
3. Read testimonials. Companies often post testimonials on their websites. This gives you insight into the quality of workmanship and customer service the company provides. This can also help you determine whether they guarantee customer satisfaction.
4. Ask questions. Before hiring a company, ask them any questions you have. Make sure they answer honestly and clearly.
5. Get estimates. Find out how much each company charges for their piano moving services. Compare prices and find out who offers the best value. Inquire about the company and get direct quotes or custom quotes according to your needs.
6. Adequate insurance cover. Some companies offer other types of insurance, such as basic liability insurance, which protects you against claims made by clients injured during the move. Be wary that the cost of insurance may vary according to different types of insurance.
7. Do background checks. Many states require companies to perform criminal records searches on prospective employees.
8. Ask about references. Contact former clients and ask them to share their experiences working with the company.
9. Ask about licensing. Most states require companies to obtain licenses to operate. You should verify this information before hiring a company.
10. Ask about training. Does the company provide training to its workers? What kind of training does the company offer? How long does it take to train workers?
11. Ask about equipment. Is the company equipped with the right tools to complete the job? Are they insured? Additional items, household items, or other common items might be included in your move, so having the right tools and equipment for the job is always a good idea.
Are our professional piano movers worth it?
In moving a piano, informed decisions are always preferred over emotional decisions due to practical reasons such as its overall costs and necessity. Don’t just have a brave decision carried by pure emotions. Have a WISE decision.
Piano movers are worth it in Brooklyn, New York. People love to play music, and having a good set of instruments can enhance any home. However, if you’re going to hire a piano mover in Brooklyn, New York, you should consider hiring one with experience working in the area. Many different factors go into choosing a piano mover, including price, reputation, and experience. A reputable piano mover will be able to give you a quote that includes everything you need to know about the job, such as the number of pianos he/she will move, the size of each piano, and the distance between homes. Once you’ve decided on a piano mover, ask him/her to send you pictures of previous jobs to see if the work was completed properly. Ask for references, too, so you can check them out yourself.
Choosing the right piano mover is a crucial step. Piano movers such as Buy The Hour Movers Brooklyn are definitely worth it. They’re one of the best ways to move pianos without damaging them. Even a local piano, pianos are heavy, and moving them by hand can be dangerous.
If you have decided to hire movers from Buy The Hour Movers Brooklyn and avail of their professional piano moving services, you may call them at (347) 652-2205 or visit them at 525 Nostrand Ave#1,Brooklyn, NY 11216. Check their website at www.buythehourmovers.com.
Suppose you hire movers and avail of its professional moving services. In that case, it is guaranteed that its moving team is trained to handle these situations safely and they have the equipment necessary to do so. Moving pianos isn’t easy, but hiring a professional piano mover ensures that you don’t damage anything.